Rich On A Unicycle

I received my first unicycle as a gift from my wife on Christmas, 2005. For anyone interested, I'm chronicling the process of learning to ride it here. Enjoy!

Name:
Location: Tucson, AZ, United States

Friday, January 06, 2006

Fifteen feet!

Back out in the backyard today, and I was able to ride for 15' several times. Woohoo! I'm sure 15 miles is just around the corner (though that doesn't help me much, since I haven't learned how to turn yet).

I might have been able to make it farther, but after fifteen feet the fence in front of me was only about ten feet away, and given the distance I've travelled during a couple of UPDs (that's UnPlanned Dismounts to you), that seemed too close. So I guess it's time to move to a new practice location -- again.

I took Molly for a walk to a park that's close by yesterday, and found that there were several promising walkways with various posts that I can use for support:
I like this next one the most, since the post is right in the middle of the sidewalk. Unfortunately, I'd be starting out uphill, so I think I'll have to wait to use this launch point until I have a bit more control.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home