Rich On A Unicycle

I received my first unicycle as a gift from my wife on Christmas, 2005. For anyone interested, I'm chronicling the process of learning to ride it here. Enjoy!

Name:
Location: Tucson, AZ, United States

Sunday, January 01, 2006

Day 2

I finally had a chance to do some unicycle riding the day after Christmas. Or rather, sitting.

As suggested by my brother-in-law, I set up my unicycle in a doorway, put a step-ladder next to it, and climbed on. Although I knew it wouldn't be the same as riding a bicycle, it had a seat, a wheel, pedals, and forks, so how much different could it be?

Very. Very, very different. So far I've decided that they're only related in some sort of seventh-degree-of-separation kind of way.

So I sat, and I pretended to balance, doing my best to release my white-knuckle grip of the door jamb as often as possible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home